Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Measurments

The only man who behaves sensibly is my tailor. He takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go with their old measurements n expect me to fit them

Hmmm some would say…that I don’t measure up
My 36-24-35 isnt enough
So they expect
Me to accept my “old measurements” and stifle the possibility of evolution
Nope…

Deep down, I am a southern lady who has adapted to life in the city
Seasoned with plenty of flavor but mostly lost in the sauce…
A kaleidoscope of intrinsic colors but mixed in just right to form a shade of caromel brown...
Some may see it as a natural disaster but my afro is really my crown...
Honestly, I'm an introvert with extroverted tendencies
I love big words but without singing the song, I cant say my ABCs
A lover of companionship but married to the idea of continuous personal space
I know Ima champ but most of the time I feel like im the turtle in the race
So I plan to trip up my opponents but stay steady on my own pace
I may have been upset about you being with someone else but I laughed hysterically when I saw her face lol...
For real for real, I bare my soul in every situation
For real for real, Im real to the core and could be brutally honest with no hesitation
Im fresh as fabrize but I will leave you gasping for air
I only apologize when absolutly necessary cuz most of the time I dont care
Like MC Lite, Im hard as a rock but I just try to let it flow
Often times I feel like Im drowning even when Im holding on...I gotta let it go
Anyway
I say
Fuck the police cuz currently Im speeding in the fast lane
I use the word motherfucker from time to time but I dare not use the Lords name in vain
That is a shame
But please believe Im subject to change
I've come to reconcile with the face that never, ever will I be
Picture perfect like B
Instead I'll prolly maintain myself as little short crack in the ass of society
And with all that being said, anew you can once again measure me

*So whats my over all point??? I'm a real, live gemini. Two dynamic sides of one incredible young woman. I change...you change...hopefully we'll change together

No comments: